Monday

Schwanky Affair...

Tonight is B's first formal dining experience. We're all three off to our annual office holiday part-eh at the Barclay Prime, another amazing Steven Starr restaurant. He's the chic restaurant owner of 9 hip places around Philadelphia. Last year we frequented Tangerine, I guess that was with B too, but he was barely the size of a jelly bean at that point. We were going to skip the event due to lack of babysitters available late into Monday evening, but the guys at work convinved me to come and bring along the little weeB, as Matthew has so fondly started calling him. So it should be a fun night. As one friend said, "Martini in one hand, baby in the other".

And the countdown has begun for our adventure west. Only 5 more days until we head out to beautiful, sunny 60 degree CA!! We cannot WAIT to see Allison & Devon and explore their coastal villa of Santa Cruz. Matthew is pumped about squeezing into his wee little wet suit and hitting the waves with Devon. I'm pumped for the babysitter lined up and our wild night out we're all four planning :0) And then heading down to Los Osos for some time with the West Coast relatives. Now if we could only be assured of surviving the two 3+hr. flights and one layover with Brighton. This is truly when I wish they invented baby sleeping pills...ha, ha.

Of all stages, I think this one is the best for travel though. B has been laughing and smiling and melting his parent's hearts these past few days. As annoying as the whole sleep thing has been, he's probably the most chilled out babe I've met. Life just doesn't seem to phase him. He's content just to hang out in anyone's arms for a good stretch and just soak in the sites around him. He hates to be changed, but that's about the only time I've heard him really cry. Guess every baby has their issues and their perks. But the sleeping IS getting better. Last night he slept for a 6 hour stretch and then I HAD to wake him him because of these annoying rock-solid boulders growing on my chest just wouldn't take it any more. Thank you Jesus for sleep! And for this precious boy we keep falling more and more in love with.

I promise pictures are coming soon. The camera has been floating around, so I haven't had a chance to download any yet. We've got some great ones of B's godparents, the Beatty's, baptism of their little girl, Clara. And other fun ones of the house, our goofy boy, this crazy couple. I'll try and get them up before we head out this weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alina said...

Your boulder comment made me laugh out loud!!!

December 13, 2005  
Blogger Mary H said...

AC,

Did you like Barclay Prime? I almost made our company Christmas party there? Schwanky, huh? Did you have fun?

I miss you girl! We need to get together soon! Have fun in CA! I'm jealous! What are you doing for New Years? Will you still be away?

Love you,
Mar

December 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home