Friday

Home Alone

Today B & I took Matthew to the train station at 6am and started our three day/two night adventure together. Matthew will be in Charlotte, NC for WHM recruiting at my parent's London EG informational weekend. Along with my best friend/roomate from college :0( Yes, I'm totally bummed I'm not there right now. I feel a strange mix of being sad to say goodbye to Matthew for the next few days and a sense of excitement about conquering the next few days alone. Weird, right!? Guess it's fun to have a challenge every now and then to be independent and do this baby thing alone. No, I'm not crazy, I've just spent the past few days being scared about this weekend, and now I guess I'm on the flip-side.

We were going to get our Christmas tree all together as a family last night, but one thing lead to another and it didn't happen. Matthew did drag up all the decorations from the basement though, so B and I will be able to tackle the house ourselves this weekend. Since we only have two weeks to enjoy any decorations before we head to California, I think B and I are going to go get the tree today as well. Guess I'll have to settle for a 5 or 6 footer so I can get it in the house myself. That'll be an interesting experience. Probably a humorous story as well. For those of my friends who laughed at me as I frantically re-arranged my dorm room/house...you can probably picture it now :0)

Well B just crashed, and since that's my cue to get back to work, I'll have to keep this post short. Thankfully I was able to get a good chunk of work done early this a.m. before we headed to the train station to spare some of my late afternoon hours. Stayed tuned for stories from the 2/3rds of the Smith family this weekend. Pictures will have to wait since Matthew took the camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home