Wednesday

first day with dad

Today was Brighton's first full day with his dad. We worked a schedule for B to be with the sitter Monday and Tuesday, with Matthew Wednesday and Thursday, and with me on Friday when I work from home. The amazing answer to pray has been that B has had 3 wonderful days with his new "substitute day moms". He was great for Lynette the past two days, and great for his dad today. The picture above is from their morning walk together.

The other answer to prayer is that God has given me bounds of grace these past three days of returning to work. Yes, there have been tears, but there have also been times of enjoying Him DESPITE earthly circumstances not being what I would have arranged for myself. That is HUGE for my stubborn heart that usually just gets bitter in these situations. Christ has given me fulfilling times at work so it doesn't feel TOTALLY pointless to be spending so much time there and opportunities to be involved in some pretty hefty projects. Not that this at all makes up for being at home with Brighton, but it at least makes this time that we have to be apart a little more manageable for me. We're still praying and hoping that come January, I can head out of the full-time role and move into something more part-time. We'll see what God provides.

So thank you all for your encouraging emails as I headed back to work on Monday and for your prayers. Christ has answered them and has loved on me during these three new & trying days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home