Thursday

First Big Road Trip

Today we head out on the road for Brighton's first big road trip. We'll pack up our now LOADED car (no more "two duffel bags"...with a baby, we pretty much take the entire house!) and mosey on down Hwy. 15 to Charlottesville, VA. So not only is this his first big trip, it's also his first time in the 'Ville and his first time to my old home. How weird to bring my son into my old bedroom, where I would have never guessed I'd be standing there at 25 years old, holding my baby with my husband. Craziness. Life flies by when you look at it that way. We're a little apprehensive about the 5+hours in the car and how B will handle it...since he's not too fond of his car seat anyhow. But we're more than ready to see my family and just rest for a full week down there.

Saturday, my dad & brother are competing in a triathalon together. Yeh, I don't know why either ;0) My parents and two sisters just returned from a week in London, scoping out the scene with their new team that they'll be heading overseas with in the next year. So I'm not sure how pumped full of energy my dad will be for the triathalon, but I'm proud of him for doing it!!

So keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we pack up and head out around 2pm today. B hasn't been cooperating with my packing schedule this morning. They always seem to know when you NEED to get something done and that's when they (1) stay up most of the night before, like last night (2) refuse to take a nap the next day when you're frantically trying to pack, clean, water plants, and (3) on top of that, refuse to be put down for any stretch of time. So here I am trying to carry B around, pack up all his junk, sterilize pacifiers, cram down some lunch, walk to the co-op for last minute car snacks, pack a cooler of food for us & bottles for B. Why am I blogging then, you ask? Well after that crazy of morning, I FINALLY got the boy to fall asleep on my chest, so I'm taking this breather of a 30 min. stretch to chill, drink some coffee and bid adieu to the blog for awhile. Maybe I can write some in C'ville, but I'm pretty sure I'll be taking advantage of all the eager arms longing to hold Brighton and I'll be catching up on ZZZs any chance I get :0)

I'll be back with pics of our trip in a week or so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home