Friday

Summer Dinner Ideas?

Well, I can't complain...it seems like we're all melting in this wretched heat across the country. The humidity has been especially bad lately. The air is so thick it makes us feel like fish swimming around an aquarium in our house at night. Thankfully, Mom & Dad bought us an a/c unit back in June which we have cranked up in our bedroom, so we spend our evenings in there.

The hard part has been figuring out what to have for dinner, since turning on the gas oven or even stovetop ups the temp in our house in a matter of seconds...it's just not an option. Last night we did tossed some split chicken breasts & zucchini/squash/onions/garlic doused in balsamic vinegar & olive oil in the oven. Then dashed into our room with the timer and waited an hour before taking out the meal. It worked, but there have GOT to be some better dinner ideas for the summer. That's where you all come in. I know there are tons of lurkers out there who read this blog on a regular basis but won't add comments or admit to their "minismith blog fetish"...he, he. Now is the time to come clean and POST something yourselves!! Think of it as a gift to a sweltering pregnant gal who needs some dinner help :0)

So don't be shy, dig out those recipes from your head or your favorite cookbook and put your suggestions in the comment section below. OR if you don't like the publicity, you can email me instead like most of you all do anyhow ;0) I really would appreciate any simple, cool meal ideas you have!!

Enjoy your brain-storming session and the upcoming weekend. We're off to our favorite spot, "Frenchtown", again this evening if I can muster up the energy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See! It's SO easy!! Come on all you summertime chefs...let's hear those ideas :0)

July 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy & Matt...
We hear your pain! It has been in the 100's out here. I am at work right now and don't have any recipes on hand but i have found several recipes on www.allrecipes.com. Check it out if you haven't. Hope that helps!
L'appetite...

July 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Anna & Karen! Salads are a GREAT idea, K. I hadn't thought about that...with a hunk of warm bread...Mmm. And yes, I LOVE allrecipes.com, Anna. That's where I get a lot of my quick ones. Although I haven't been there in awhile and I bet they've got some special "Summer Meals" feature or something. Right after I posted this, I got my Cooking Light for the month and they had a whole spread on summer meals! Check it out if you gals get a chance :0)

July 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home