Sunday

Back to PA

California trips to the Pacific, 1984

The Early Hall Beach Days...Callie & I in Hunting Island, SC 1986



Matthew and I finally made it home last night after a dead battery and one too many wrong turns. We fell into bed around 10pm and crashed...thankful for a Sunday to rest up instead of heading straight into the work week. We had a wonderful time all together as a family and incredible beach weather - low 70's with no humidity, perfect for sitting out in the sun. We played Bocce ball, boogie boarded, ate great food, watched some ridiculous movies, and just caught up on life together. I was able to read until my hearts content and do nothing but putter around all day. I felt totally spoiled for an entire week :0) ...just what the doctor ordered.

Now we're headed back into "real life". Matthew meets with World Harvest tomorrow to talk about job possibilities for the fall, which we're keeping our fingers crossed for. He would be working as a recruiter which would be SO perfect for him. The job does involve support-raising as a stateside missionary, but we're trusting that if God's opened all the doors up until that point, he'll provide for us financially as well. I'm heading back to my job and potentially hearing back from my bosses what they decided about my return from maternity leave. At this point, it's looking pretty grim that they're going to agree with my proposal to work from home a few days a week. So I may have to find a different part-time job come Novemeber when my maternity leave is up. Ugh. We're trying not to dwell too much on the "what-if's" and instead keep trusting that God will provide for us and knew he was bringing this baby into our lives and what changes that would entail.

We're both feeling a bit "vacation culture shock" heading back into our routine here, as most people do when they return from a week long break. But we're glad to see our friends again who we missed and be back in our church body who we love. We'll be hunkering down here for quite a stretch now. With just 8 weeks to go until the potential due date our travels won't take us far from home. I'm starting to feel the effects of the third trimester as my energy level is quickly declining and my sleep is growing more restless. The heat probably plays a roll in that as well, but we spend most of our time in our bedroom which has the one window a/c unit. We ate dinner in bed this evening :0)

Above are some of our vacation pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home