Tuesday

3 more days til FREEDOM!!

Yes, we are DEFINATELY ready for vacation. After last summer of working our booties off so we could move to Philly, we are more than eager to take a real vacation and have nothing to think about but what to eat that day and whether to boogie board or body surf...well, not me, but the rest of the fam. Hmm, I wondering if pregnant gals can boogie board? I hope we're not confined to just float on our backs in the waves :0) Matthew and I will head down to Charlottesville to meet my family this Thursday. Then we'll all load in the car and head down to Virginia Beach where a family has graciously lent us their beach home. My brother will now be able to join us as well, so it'll be the whole Hall clan. Callie, my sister, just returned from her 5 month studying-abroad in Costa Rica and has yet to see me and my slowly expanding belly. What a shocker!

Yesterday was my 30 week appointment with our midwife. She was listening to Brighton's heartbeat and poking him around at the same time which made his heartbeat get faster. She said it's because he gets excited when someone starts playing with him :0) Most babies turn around a lot but Brighton seems to be content to stay head down, which is awesome for us to hear, since we're still hoping to do the birth at that Birth Center and not at a hospital. She said his head is actually dropped into the pelvis already...which no, does not mean I'll deliver him any sooner...but yes, does mean he's getting ready with 10 weeks to go. His feet are nestled right under my ribs which explains the constant jabs. He's definately growing and is about the size of a loaf of bread now, she said. Although he still isn't sticking out much to the dissapointment of others :0) She showed me how my torso is just a lot longer than most (about two hand-widths as opposed to one-hand width of most gals)...so he's just growing up not out. So she said not to be disconcert by all the "You're too small!" comments...which were starting to stress me out a bit. Everything else looked good and HOPEFULLY we'll get to see him this Thursday (even though his head is hidden) during our ultrasound in C'ville.

The greatest news of the week...Matthew installed a window a/c unit in our bedroom last night thanks to my AWESOME PARENTS!!! They bought us one after staying with us last week and enduring the heat themselves. Last night it was 86 degrees in our house at 8pm. Ugh. I felt so dizzy and light-headed I couldn't do anything but sit on the bed and drink gallons of water. I slept harder than I had in weeks last night though thanks to the cool air and no birds to wake us at 4am. We had these creepy birds outside our window every night for the past few weeks that would start going berserk at 4pm and not shut up until morning. It was horrible. Either keep the window open to cool off and sleep with a pillow over your head to quiet the noise...or just shut the window and swelter. Now I told Matthew we're going to end up spending all our time our bedroom though after work. Probably we'll start eating dinner in there too...ha, ha ;0)

Well I'm not sure if we'll have internet at the beach. If we do, I'll try to update this with some pictures. Hope you all have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home