Tuesday

Window Fans

Ahh, window fans. They are making our life much more bearable in this humid Philly heat. Coming home after work our house is baking in the upper 80's. But once we open our windows and get those fans rolling, I don't feel as if I have to drink a gallon just to make up for all the water loss. It is crazy though how this heat has been affecting my prego body. Normally I down about 3 Nalgenes of water (each one beign 32 oz. for those not familiar with Nalgene-lingo :0) But these days I'm up to 6 at least, if not more. And I still feel constantly parched?! It's wild. All these body changes are just so nuts to me. My midwife said you gain almost 8lbs just in extra fluids...that being blood, extra water, amniotic fluid, etc...She even said you get more fluid in your eyes?! How weird is that?! Since I'm struggling to make the weight mark for 30 weeks, I'm guessing my fluids are lower, which is maybe why I'm parched all the time? Who knows.

So we're heading towards week 33, which means there are just 7 measley weeks from that point on. That is nothing! Where did the time go? Here's the latest belly shot we took this evening (can you tell it's humid in our house with that shiny face :0). The baby is definately getting bigger as my midwife exclaimed yesterday "Girl, you are all baby!" Meaning, it's just like someone stretched some skin over a baby and stuck it on my stomach. Which you can't tell very well from the picture, but in person, there's just this hard little rock stuck on my front. You can practically feel every body part - his knees, feet, butt, hands. There's just not much else there besides him these days. Because of that, I feel him moving ALL DAY LONG. Even when he's asleep I can feel him adjusting himself or rubbing a foot along my rib. It's absolutely wild how much he's grown in just the past couple weeks. I guess that's how it goes though. Wonder how much he'll pack on in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully enough to get me up to the 20lb mark!

We're settling back into our routine slowly but surely. Still trying to hang on to some of that "vacation mode" as we made mango/pineapple smoothies tonight. Mmm. This weekend we're planning out last big "outing" for just us two before the baby comes. I have my last day off on Monday for July 4th. We think we're going to go blueberry picking, maybe fly-fishing, and putter around a cute old PA town called "Peddler's Village" for their July 4th celebration. We're looking forward to being outdoors, enjoying each other, and taking an extended breather from our duties. Hope you all have a great weekend yourselves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home