Friday

Slow Growth

Today I am 18 weeks along. Two weeks shy of starting my 5th month...and I'm afraid I don't have much to show for it. A lot of the past few weeks of "growth" has been some legitimate growth, but mostly just being bloated and gassy. Sorry, TMI, I know. Though my selection of pants has slimmed down I'm still fitting into my jeans and cords. No one could tell I was pregnant at this point, besides Matthew and I of course. This week has given me a little more to hope for as the area right below my belly button is slightly sticking out. That gives me hope that one of these mornings I'll wake up with a real baby belly and it's not all an allusion in my head :0)

We're about 10 days away from our big ultrasound and praying that Jesus is keeping this little baby safe and healthy. At about 6 inches today, it should be even bigger by that point and hopefully photogenic enough to post those pictures on here so you can see it's first portrait! Woo-hoo!

Today we take the train into the city to hear my favorite bluegrass band, Old Crow Medicine Show, give a free live radio concert at the World Cafe. If you get the World Cafe (usually in the 80's on your radio dile...xpn.org) tune in at noon and you'll hear some hootin' n' hollerin' from Matthew & I :0)

Hope you all enjoy the weekend and the coming of spring on Sunday! All here in Philly....don't forget, Rita's gives away free regulars that day!! Ahh, who could survive a summer without Philly water ice?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home